Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Second pre-game newsletter

This week I thought I'd give you some immersion by giving you a brief bit of stylized history for the Taurian Concordat.
Obviously if you want greater detail you can find it here:

Since this is a lengthy 'communication' in our fictional universe, I will do a TL;DR (primarily for <REDACTED> as I know she's not going to read it all).  It is put shortly an encyclopedia britannica style advertisement sent to all of the inner sphere, originating from the Federated Suns (which is one of the Major 5 houses and very antagonistic towards the Taurian Concordat where you will be starting).  It gives a brief history, some information on the region.
History in a nutshell:
Richard Calderon forms out of mutual protection
Davion/FedSuns have clashes often
Taurian Concordat is pretty paranoid (rightfully so)
Comprises 56 planets, has some interesting tech they discovered in 3019, discusses special units/etc.   I recommend you read it to improve your immersion, if nothing else. 

I'm also archiving my newsletters to you guys via http://mikesbtcampaign.blogspot.com so you don't have to hunt down the emails each time.

Till next week!

Mike







No comments:

Post a Comment